Re: [xsl] XSLT or static site generator

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT or static site generator
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 19:43:07 -0000

I should mention too that there are commercial tools that will do dynamic
delivery of HTML from DITA content, such as Titania Software's Oberon
system and several companies have built their own systems for that
internally.

While the base DITA Open Toolkit HTML transform is fairly barebones, I
provide an extension plugin (the DITA for Publishers HTML5 plugin) that
makes it relatively easy to generate full HTML5 web sites by including the
HTML5 theme components as part of the HTML generation process. Basically
it lets you do your Web design separately and then bundle the design
results into the generation process.

One issue that DITA-to-HTML producers often face is having to send the
generated HTML through additional processing done as part of the large Web
site delivery process, which becomes a problem. A lot of the work I've
done recently has been to move the needed processing into the
DITA-specific toolchain.

Cheers,

Eliot
----