Re: [xsl] processing nodes by value precedence

Subject: Re: [xsl] processing nodes by value precedence
From: "Matthew Stoeffler matthew.stoeffler@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 14:50:31 -0000

On Feb 2, 2016, at 4:09 PM, David Carlisle
d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx>
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxx
rytech.com>> wrote:

On 2 February 2016 at 20:57, Matthew Stoeffler
matthew.stoeffler@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:matthew.stoeffler@xxxxxxxxxx>
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxx
rytech.com>>wrote:
Lets say Ibm processing products that can have multiple types of a certain
node distinguished by value, of which I want only one in my result, and I have
a precedence order by type of those nodes that shoudl determine which one I
get.  So, if the child of product Ibm interested in is price currency and my
product had

<product>

b&.

<price>

<amount>25.00</amount>

<currency>FR</currency>

</price>

<price>

<amount>20.00</amount>

<currency>US</currency>

</price>

<price>

<amount>30.00</amount>

<currency>CA</currency>

</price>

</product>

And my preference is to take the only one price in the order 1., US, 2. CA,
3.FR<http://3.fr/>.

In context product, if I say

<xsl:apply-templates
select=b(price[currency=bUSb],price[currency=bCAb],price[currency=b
FRb])[1]b/>

I get the FR price because itbs first in doc order, but my expression was
meant to say process nodes in this sequence order, taking the first one, in
the sequence, not in the doc order of the input tree.

No you should get the US one. if you execute

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

 <xsl:template match="product">
  <xsl:copy-of
select="(price[currency='US'],price[currency='CA'],price[currency='FR'])[1]"/>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

on the xml you posted then you get

<price>

<amount>20.00</amount>

<currency>US</currency>

</price>

If I use xsl:copy-of I DO  get the US price, but Ibm using
xsl:apply-templates, and when I do that I get doc order.  How do I get past
that?