Re: [xsl] Need Math Help: How to Convert Proportional Column Widths to Real Values?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need Math Help: How to Convert Proportional Column Widths to Real Values?
From: "Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 17:24:37 -0000

> I was looking to do something similar and found this question. In my
> case, I don't have the total table column width always. So, if I have
> a mixed col width values of 1.38,1.38.1*,1.38, how can I find the real
> value for 1*?

As Eliot mentioned, some absolute total value is required. Unless you are e.g.
in an FO environment, where 100% can be seen as the current available width.

In a more general way I did it something like this:

* Columns without width or just "*" are treated as "1*"
* Calculate the sum of all relative widths (SumRW)
* Calculate the sum of all absolute widths (SumAW)

* Calculate remaining width RestRW := Total - SumAW
  - If it is b	$ 0 we have a problem
  - Else each remaining column width is ColRW / SumRW multiplied with the
RestRW

- Michael