Re: [xsl] How do I set up my Saxon call to update/pass back a log file

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I set up my Saxon call to update/pass back a log file
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 09:44:07 -0000

Can you define "does not work properly"? Is it synonymous with "fails with a
dynamic error?

Saxon does pass a simple return code back to the shell when a static or
dynamic error occurs, and of course it does allow you to redirect standard
error output to a file.

But I'm afraid if I were attempting something like this, I wouldn't put the
logic in a shell script, I would put it in a Java application. Your mileage
may vary.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0) 118 946 5893

On 13 Mar 2015, at 20:13, Catherine Wilbur cwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxx

> If this Saxon call does not work properly I want to send emails to certain
individuals plus to the production mailbox.  How do I put a log file in this
Saxon call so I trap what happened in the call and pass the log file in the
msg body when I email the log in the commented code just below?

>     /usr/java5/bin/java -cp $SAXON_JAR net.sf.saxon.Transform
-s:$FinesrvDataDir/Library_Invoice_Interface.xml
-xsl:$FinesrvCronDir/LibrXML2CSV_stylesheet.xsl
-o:$FinesrvDataDir/Library_Invoice_Interface.csv

> Currently I have this unix code commented out.
>
>    # XML file did not convert properly into CSV file
> #  if [! -s $FinesrvDataDir/Library_Invoice_Interface.csv ]
> #  then
> #      cp $FinesrvDataDir/Library_Invoice_Interface.log
$FinesrvDataDir/Library_Invoice_Interface.tmp