Re: [xsl] XSLT3.0: Question about shadow attributes and the possibility to supply value to a static parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT3.0: Question about shadow attributes and the possibility to supply value to a static parameter
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:51:38 -0000

We ought really to make a more careful distinction between "visibility to the
calling application" and "visibility to a using package". Stylesheet
parameters are not visible to a using package (because we want to allow
packages to be compiled independently of each other), but they are visible to
the calling application (because otherwise they would be pointless).

The two ideas are related, for example we only allow the application to invoke
a named template or a function as an entry point if it has public (or final)
visibility, but they are not identical.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx