[xsl] [ANN] A new XSLT 3.0 draft and a new release of Saxon

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] A new XSLT 3.0 draft and a new release of Saxon
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 22:19:47 -0000

Two significant announcements today:

* A new "last-call" working draft of XSLT 3.0 at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/

* Release of Saxon 9.6 at http://www.saxonica.com and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/

The new XSLT 3.0 draft fixes about 150 errors/bugs/omissions in the previous
draft of December 2013, of varying impact. Many of them affect the detailed
definitions of which constructs are streamable. We think we're getting close
to being finished, so this really is your last chance for feedback.

Saxon 9.6 is aligned with the new draft, in particular with the definitions of
streamability. Many more constructs are now streamable, and streaming has been
much more thoroughly tested.

Also in Saxon 9.6: XQuery 3.0 and XPath 3.0 are now supported in the open
source HE product.

Another significant development is that we are now using the ICU-J library for
localization and support of international collations.

More information on the web page.

Today's release is for the Java platform only; .NET will follow shortly.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0) 118 946 5893