Re: [xsl] Can xsl:iterate be used in stream-processing?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can xsl:iterate be used in stream-processing?
From: "Abel Braaksma (Exselt) abel@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:49:18 -0000

> I did this:
> 	<xsl:variable name="title" select="." />
> when I should have done this:
> 	<xsl:variable name="title" select="copy-of(.)" />
> Upon doing so, my XSLT program works great.

Indeed. The rule is, binding a variable to a streamed node is not allowed. Of
my "Ten rules of streaming", it is rule number 5, "You cannot store a
reference to a node", see the 2014 proceedings of XML Prague
(http://www.xmlprague.cz/archive/), page 50 ;).

Which reminds me, I promised to create an update of the rules in the paper
when the rules change, I should get started with that.

Abel Braaksma
Exselt, a streaming XSLT 3.0 processor