Re: [xsl] Sorting a TEI bibliography by

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting a TEI <biblStruct> bibliography by <surname>
From: "Charles Muller acmuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 03:46:37 -0000

Wendell Piez wrote:

I would do sort/@select="descendant::surname[1]"

Two reasons:

1. More legible and direct

2. Accounts for all surname descendants including biblStruct/surname
(although that shouldn't happen), not just those at lower levels.

Indeed, that works well, thanks. In fact, I had started off trying something like this at the outset, but I guess I didn't have it completely right, because it wasn't working. It is certainly easier to understand.

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 HongE
, BunkyE