Re: [xsl] Getting epub: namespace into root html element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting epub: namespace into root html element
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:00:45 -0000

> Yes, but... assuming you are serializing, character maps are supported by
all XSLT 2.0 processors, while disable-output-escaping might not, regardless
whether you are serializing, and even if it is supported, the way the spec is
written, it seems to allow differences to exist (because of the use of
"should" in that section). The way I see it: avoid d-o-e and (if possible,
always) use character maps in favor of it.

Yes, that's the advice in the spec. But I think that in practice, most
processors DO implement d-o-e, and problems with d-o-e arise not because it's
not implemented in the processor, but because the transformation isn't
serializing its output.

Michael Kay
Saxonica