Re: [xquery-talk] [xsl] Re: Random number generation : requirements

Subject: Re: [xquery-talk] [xsl] Re: Random number generation : requirements
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 16:10:47 -0000

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx
> I didn't say anything about your implementation. I just wanted to
> state that the planned function should have this feature

Yes, the implementation is very important.

I believe that the WG is looking for use-cases and requirements and
wants to specify one or more standard XPath 3.1 functions related to
producing numbers with random or other specified distribution. They
are not directly concerned with the many possible implementations.

It would be interesting to everybody here to see what use-cases would
be provided.

Dimitre Novatchev
Never fight an inanimate object
biggest mistake of all