Re: [xsl] Grouping By Column Heading (by Position, not by ID or element name)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping By Column Heading (by Position, not by ID or element name)
From: "Terry Badger terry_badger@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 18:35:03 -0000

Ted,
Would it be reasonable to ask why you are limited to XSLT version 1?
Terry
On Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:35 AM, G. T. Stresen-Reuter <tedmasterweb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 1, 2014, at 4:30 AM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This doesn't mean that what you are trying to do is unreasonable (key
> the td elements to the value of their column header, i.e. the td in
> the same position in the first row). Or at least, it's not prima facie
> a bad idea, even if it turns out we don't need it.

This, indeed, was what I was expecting to see: we don't need it.

I really, really appreciate your taking the time to write, in detail, about this. In my world I'm completely limited to 1.0 and am frequently pivoting tables (and grouping) so Keys can play a fundamental role and understanding them, in depth, is crucial.

Thank you so much for the clarification!

Sincerely,

Ted Stresen-Reuter