Re: [xsl] Re: backticks in regex - tales of the unexpected part II

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: backticks in regex - tales of the unexpected part II
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 17:49:52 +0100

On 07/04/2014 17:35, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
Just going by the definition of the \w class in MK's XPath 2.0
reference - \w -> a character considered to form part of a word

It isn't (and can't) mean a character that _you_ consider a word, since it's not a user (or even locale) dependent expression. So it has to mean what someone considered (very loosely) to be a "word". Including spacing accents in that list doesn't seem unreasonable.

So it's TS if backtick isn't a word character in your vocabulary.

No just that if you are writing vocabulary specific regex you need to use vocabulary specific regex terms. If I'm looking for words in English I tend to use [a-z] even if some people try to sneak accents into cafe or naive :-)

David