[xsl] Demonstration web browser environment for UBL invoice form filling [XSL List]

Subject: [xsl] Demonstration web browser environment for UBL invoice form filling [XSL List]
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:21:46 -0400

Hello, all!

I've been playing with Saxon-CE (Client Edition) that embeds a conformant XSLT 2.0 processor in a web browser:

For those not familiar with this free product, this amazing environment provides for complete browser user interface interaction using only XSLT without writing any JavaScript (the JavaScript envelope of two <script> instructions is provided by Saxon).

The declarative style for XSLT works well for web form interaction, and to prove this to myself I've created a bare-bones data entry HTML form that creates a UBL Invoice. The environment can be downloaded from here:

For many years UBL Technical Committee members have been talking about needing to see at least a conceptual data entry utility for manual entry of UBL documents.

This is *not* meant to be used as is for production work, as it is just a proof of concept and doesn't include things like validating input or formatting currency values. But it could certainly be used as the basis to create a production-worthy environment.

Please let me know, off list, if you have any questions.

cc: UBL TC, UBL Dev, Mulberry XSL List

Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |