Re: [xsl] eenie meenie mini mo - nominate your input.

Subject: Re: [xsl] eenie meenie mini mo - nominate your input.
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:17:38 +0000

On 26 Mar 2014, at 23:46, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> joining 2 files - you have to select one as the stylesheet input and
> you will doc over the other one (possibly using xsl:key as well).
> One file is much larger than the other.
> Should it make a difference to performance which file you nominate as
> input to the stylesheet.

It shouldn't, but that doesn't mean it won't.

You can't ask questions about performance without saying what processor you
are concerned with.

And the best answer to performance questions is always: measure it.

Incidentally, it's not true (from XSLT 2.0) that the inputs have to be
asymmetric. I will often supply both inputs as stylesheet parameters, and have
no principal input document.

Michael Kay