Re: [xsl] except (was: Keys with duplicates should be simple)

Subject: Re: [xsl] except (was: Keys with duplicates should be simple)
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 22:48:35 +0000

You've somehow got it into your head that the context for evaluation of the rh
operand depends on the lh operand. Like I said, you're thinking of it as a
predicate. That's not the case.

> descendant::* except self::heading

must be wrong, because the descendant axis never includes a node that's on the
self axis: this is like saying "all my descendants except myself".

Michael Kay
Saxonica