Re: [xsl] Efficient way to do an identity transform, eliminating duplicate elements, in XSLT 1.0?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Efficient way to do an identity transform, eliminating duplicate elements, in XSLT 1.0?
From: Ivan Shmakov <oneingray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 19:50:41 +0000

[b&]

 >> I want the identity transform to remove duplicate elements in
 >> <First> and remove duplicate elements in <Second>.

[b&]

 > My new home PC I bought in May has 32GB RAM.

 > It seems obvious that paying $2000 for a decent computer

	It may quickly get off-topic, but I donbt seem to recall paying
	over $500 at once for computer hardware, or owning a single box
	that would cost as much at the time of appraisal b and thatbs in
	some 20 years of owning bthe micros.b

	(That being said, my former employer had bought some computers
	at well above that price.)

 > is so much cheaper than paying programmers (myself included) to
 > invent tricks b at least for this kind of problems.

	As for the problem stated, Ibd start with a SAX parser for a
	J.B Random Language (be it Prolog, Perl, Basic, or Common Lisp),
	and proceed from there.  It may depend on how the bduplicatesb
	are defined, but I see nothing in the problem to make it
	unsolvable on bnot-so-decentb hardware.

--
FSF associate member #7257