Re: [xsl] find the name of the child after root

Subject: Re: [xsl] find the name of the child after root
From: henry human <henry_human@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:09:20 +0000 (GMT)

Hi David
it works perfect, thanks!
I did this and got it too but , ever was
whitsapces before and after the child name in the result:
<xsl:value-of
select="//node()[1]/node()/name()"/>
brg
h.h

David Carlisle
<davidc@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 13:01 Mittwoch, 6.November 2013:
On 06/11/2013
11:55, henry human wrote:

> Hi guys
> I try to
> get the name of the
element, ChildElement1 which dynamically changes but
> ever occurs
> as the
next child element after root (RootElement):
> <xsl:value-of
select="/node()[1]/name()"/>
> As result, I get only the "RooElement" in
output and not the ChildElement1 !

> <RootElement version="2.1" name="Test">
> <ChildElement1>
>        <ChildElement2>
>           <test>foo  </test>

     </ChildElement2>
> </ChildElement1>
> </RootElement>
>
> Regards
> h.h

/node()[1]/name()

selects the name of the first child node of / which will
always be the
name of the top level element in a well formed document unless
there is
a comment or processing instruction before the document element in
which
case it will be the name of the PI or "" for a comment.

You want
/*[1]/*[1]/name()

David
The
Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England
and Wales
with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
Wilkinson House, Jordan
Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.

This e-mail has been scanned for
all viruses by Star. The service is