Re: [xsl] Updating Attribute Values

Subject: Re: [xsl] Updating Attribute Values
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:25:15 +0100

On 15/08/2013 15:41, Nathan Tallman wrote:
I'd like to change the values of attribute "href", whenever it appears
inside a "dao" element. From what I can tell, my template is correct,
however when ever I stick anything inside xsl:attribute (replace <!--
do stuff here -->, nothing happens during the transformation. Am I
missing something?

     <xsl:template match="@href[parent::dao]">
         <xsl:attribute name="href">
             <!-- do stuff here -->

I'm using XSLT 2.0, Saxon 6.5.5.

In addition to the other comments re XSLT version and namespaces, a template matching an attribute only does anything if you apply templates to that attribute. The default processing does not do that:

<xsl:template match="dao">
... stuff..

would apply templates to child nodes of <dao> but not to its attributes.