Re: [xsl] initial-page-number

Subject: Re: [xsl] initial-page-number
From: Graydon <graydon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:06:11 -0400

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:34:33PM +0200, KAATMAN Matthew scripsit:
> Thanks for the reply. I think what I need to do is abandon intial-page-number="1" so that I get normal 1-213 numbering. That fixes the acrobat issue.

Last I had to look at this (2008!), this really was an Acrobat issue.
Various other PDF viewers didn't have the problem.  (This was with PDFs
produced by Antenna House.)

> Our group is converting documents from Framemaker to DITA and we had
> the desired functionality in Frame. Hoping I can figure out a way to
> do it in FO. (Is there a way to generate FO from Frame? Maybe
> comparing the two would be revealing.)

Note that Adobe owns Frame.

You may want to look at what's doing your FO->PDF conversion; there may
be variability in the ability of the various renderers to cope with
whatever poorly documented peculiarity Acrobat's expecting in the page
numbers.

-- Graydon