Re: [xsl] Word Ladders as an example of a "Find shortest path between two nodes in a graph" problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Word Ladders as an example of a "Find shortest path between two nodes in a graph" problem
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:21:59 +0000

>I will upgrade my implementation using the same technique -- now it just uses general comparison to exclude nodes and this as we all know is slow.

We've been doing some analysis of the stylesheet (O'Neil is preparing a blog posting to describe this), and I can confirm that general comparison was the bottleneck. We found some ways of improving it significantly for this particular case (comparing untypedAtomic values against strings).

Michael Kay
Saxonica