[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date]

Re: [xsl] Fwd: Namespace issue in copy override

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fwd: Namespace issue in copy override
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 11:06:43 +0100

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6 October 2012 10:34, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm having a brainfart moment here.
>> My source XML is a database extract - all elements are in the null namespace.
>> So I am  doing a copy override override of the identity (i.e importing
>> the identity template) and after a bit of eye rubbing I realised that
>> anything processed by the imported template will stay in the null
>> namespace rather than "magically" be coerced into my transforms
>> default namespace.
>> So before I start hacking away at any of a number of workarounds in my
>> fatigued state, I thought I asked for suggestions.
>> Am running XSLT 2.0.
> Hi,
> You'll need to post some code...
> cheers
> andrew

Nah... had a moment of clarity ....(always good to step away from the
computer). Copy override doesn't help much here as different
namespaces effectively mean different elements (identical local-names
is irrelevant).  So just treat it like a straightforward rename which
is what it is.

Current Thread