Re: [xsl] Removing xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation from resulting xml

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation from resulting xml
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:48:22 +0200

Philip Vallone wrote:

I have stylesheet that is combining multiple files into one file. Each file has a root called 'dm' which has a reference to a schema location. When I copy the root nodes and all its children into my resulting xml file, I am stripping the namespace (if any). My question is; how do I not copy the Schema location (xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation)?

<xsl:template match="dm" mode="copy"> <xsl:copy > <xsl:copy-of select="@* "/>

I would change above line to

<xsl:apply-templates select="@*" mode="copy"/>

<xsl:apply-templates select="*" mode="copy"/>

or combine the two to

<xsl:apply-templates select="@*, *" mode="copy"/>
	</xsl:copy >
</xsl:template>

and then add

<xsl:template match="dm/@xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation" mode="copy"/>

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/