Re: [xsl] key declarations in/for included stylesheets

Subject: Re: [xsl] key declarations in/for included stylesheets
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:43:05 +0100

On 20/07/2012 06:20, Trevor Nicholls wrote:
Or I could put a unique key declaration into each included stylesheet and
use that:

<xsl:key name="blah-id" match="*[@id]" use="@id" />

Maybe a smart processor would recognise that this was identical to the other
keys and not replicate it? I dont know if I can rely on that.

It will give the correct answer, because duplicates are eliminated, but I think it's likely to be inefficient on many processors. Certainly on mine.

Michael Kay
Saxonica