[xsl] Can I evaluate the value of ?

Subject: [xsl] Can I evaluate the value of <fo:page-number-citation>?
From: charlieo0@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:50:33 +0000 (UTC)

I have a purely XSL-FO dilemma.

I need to create a reference to the last page of a work package to build a list of effective pages. If the work package has content on an odd number of pages, the last page (even) is blank. I have a reference-able @id on this page. If the work package ends on an even number page, that is last page of the work package. I have a reference-able @id on this page.

What I need to do is evaluate the page number for last page (non-blank) that contains content. Knowing where the content ends is easy enough, there is generated text in an <fo:block> that tells the user the work package has ended. What I need to know is, is that page even or odd? Is this possible?

If the page is odd, then I need to create an <fo:page-number-citation> to the following blank page. If the page is even, then I need to create an <fo:page-number-citation> that (even) page.

The list of effective pages is near the beginning of the manual. It can lists hundreds of work packages. I have the code in place to reference either the odd page or even page. But I can't figure out how to evaluate the value of the last page to make decision on which page to reference.

Any ideas?

Ken, this is your baliwick.

C Flanders