Re: [xsl] Mixed content, separation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Mixed content, separation
From: Geert Bormans <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:51:01 +0100

Hi Dave,

Depends on what you need to do of course,
I have to use this technique a lot.

Note that in my code I have been more explicit in my group-adjacent test than the example in the spec is
(by throwing in a if/then/else with a generate-id() for the block)
I do that for the following reason:
If you had two adjacent blocks (without any white-space in between)
having a more explicit test would force the two blocks to be in different groups,
the test in the spec would have the blocks together in one group
This is not important in this particular example,
but if you had to container the blocks in seperate <div> for example, this could bite at some stage

cheers

Geert

At 11:38 29/02/2012, you wrote:
> from creator of XSLT :)
>
> go to http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#grouping-examples see last
> ("Example: Grouping Alternating Sequences of Elements")
>
> with best wishes,
> Slav

Thanks for that.
My first use case I've seen for group-adjacent.

Dave