Re: [xsl] xml /xslt cms

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml /xslt cms
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:18:40 +0100

On 13 December 2011 13:56, Roelof Wobben <rwobben@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oke,
>

> The job is to convert this site (http://www.tamarawobben.nl) into a xml/xslt
solution.

(Hmm, I was asking you to avoid these XML, XSLT terms.)

What kind of benefit do you expect (or have benn told to expect) from
this migration?

What is not working well for you now?

> Like you see is that some months have several pages which contains different
number of pages.

> So I need some sort of prev/next to go the next or previous page of that
month.

These are HTML issues, and you have to set up a structure for months
and pages. But it does not advocate the use of "heavy" tools.

> As menu I need a collapisble year/month menu. So the user chooses a year and
then the months are displayed.

> As layout I like this idea (http://www.notepadchaos.com)

OK.

> The site is running on virtual shared hosting so I can't use a whole
server.

> I hope it's clear what I want.

It's just a set of HTML pages, with simple features. I can't see that
Symphony or
anything else is really necessary here. And if you aren't experienced with
XSLT,
why use it?

Wolfgang