Re: [xsl] Processing two documents, which order?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Processing two documents, which order?
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:15:15 +0100

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:03:14 +0100
Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The regex is required as I see it to determine starting and ending
> > conditions for the 300 'words'? I don't see how one...
> > Could I build and hold 300 regexen for later use, is that what
> > you were thinking Mike?
> >
> > I'm still unsure of the approach though.
> > 1. Build the keys on the smaller list of words
> > 2. ??? build the sequence of regexen?
> > 3. then....
> >     AFAICT I'm still going to have to process the entire long
> > document with each regex in the sequence?
> >

> I would have expected to use a single fixed regex to tokenize the
> text into words, and then compare each word with those in the lookup
> list by using equality matching rather than regex matching.
>
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

The larger document is fully marked up XML so I don't want to tokenize
the entire thing, though that might work on the template
matching text().

Given
      <property>absolute-position</property>
      <property>bottom</property>
      <property>left</property>
      <property>right</property>
      <property>top</property>
as the input... what would the keys look like?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.