Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:02:07 -0400

Hi,

On 3/29/2011 6:00 AM, Michael Kay wrote:
Certainly the next significant steps are to work out how this technology
fits with XForms, and how it fits with AJAX.

Surely one of the important aspects of this question (and of XSLT-based event handling in general) is the capability XSLT offers for handling arbitrary mixed content. And by this I mean not only (#PCDATA | a | b)* but any (a | b | c)* structures.

To date, XForms-based XML editors have foundered on the shoals of mixed content, but if we were to have template calls in XForms and not just XPath queries ... whee.

Cheers,
Wendell