[xsl] Processing mutiple files in multiple directories individually

Subject: [xsl] Processing mutiple files in multiple directories individually
From: "Mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:00:53 -0700

I am using XSLT 2.0.

I have several hundred XML data files stored in a number of directories each with subdirectories of their own that descend to various levels. From them, I need to locate 137 specific files and make editing changes to each. I believe I can write the template that can determine if a specific XML file requires editing or not, and if so to then apply the editing change.

What I do not know how to do is:

(1) search through all the directories and subdirectories and open each XML file one at a time,

(2) if the file does not require editing, drop it and move on to the next file; or

(3) if the file requires editing, make the editing change and write the file out to its original location.

I suspect this is not that uncommon a task, but it is not clear to me where to look for cookbook code to accomplish my goal. I am not even sure what terms to search under. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mark