Re: [xsl] Referencing previous contexts in xpath/Xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Referencing previous contexts in xpath/Xsl
From: Piet van Oostrum <piet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:50:35 -0400

Clint Redwood wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Apologies if this is an obvious question, but I haven't found an
 > answer by googling.
 >
 > I'm trying to construct and xpath for a select attribute in Xsl. What
 > I have is something like this
 >
 > Select="x[$a/*[name=current()/@b]]"
 >
 > Which doesn't work as current() is referring to the context item that
 > is the parent of x, rather than what I want which is to refer to x
 > from within the second level []s.
 >
 > Is this possible in xpath?

You can refer to the context item in which the whole select is evaluated with current(). You can refer to the item to which the predicate is applied with '.' but in a nested predicate there is no way to refer to intermediate levels AFAIK. So you will probably have to rewrite the whole construct in which this is used. Please give a bit more of the context. And also specify which XSLT version.
--
Piet van Oostrum
Cochabamba. URL: http://pietvanoostrum.com/