RE: [xsl] grouping question

Subject: RE: [xsl] grouping question
From: "Birnbaum, David J" <djbpitt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:41:23 -0500

Dear David (cc xsl-list),

Thank you for the quick response.

> isn't this also a problem in the first rubric of the first block,
> which also has a nested lb ?

Yep. I'd overlooked that. It breaks there, too.

> So if for example you want to split on <lb/> putting each row
> translated to (say) <span> you presumably need to force it
> to close at the <lb/> but restart afterwards.
> that's a bit harder one way is to do a first pass that turns
> everything into empty (milestone) elements denoting the
> start and end of elements, then it is all on one level and you
> can use grouping to reconstruct the re-ordered tree.

Got it. Thanks. Yes, I need to apply templates to the subelements (not visible
in the stripped-down example I posted originally). I'll try taking two passes,
flattening completely in the first and rebuilding in the second.

Best,

David (djbpitt@xxxxxxxx)