Re: [xsl] Unicode character decimal representation problem when copying the XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unicode character decimal representation problem when copying the XML
From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:11:05 +1030

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 8:22 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the saxon extension functions are not available in the free version of saxon
> from 9.2 onwards, you need either the commercial versions (or use saxon 9.1)

Thanks David

In the top of the stylesheet I have now added the second of the
following two lines:

Using saxon:parse() and saxon:serialize()
Available in Saxon-EE, Saxon-PE, Saxon-9.2, Saxon-9.1, ...?

First I tried to do the following:

<xsl:variable name="test-for-saxon-extensions"
select="concat(function-available('saxon:parse'),
function-available('saxon:serialize'))" />
<xsl:if test="$test-for-saxon-extensions ne 'truetrue'">
 <xsl:message terminate="yes" select="'You must use Saxon-EE |
Saxon-PE | Saxon-9.2 | Saxon-9.1'"/>
</xsl:if>

It normally works but because of the way I have organized the
stylesheet, Saxon  shows its error message long before the
transformation is stoped by xsl:message.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov

http://www.xmlplease.com
http://www.xmlkurser.dk