Re: [xsl] Asynchronous transformation in a (Java) Web app

Subject: Re: [xsl] Asynchronous transformation in a (Java) Web app
From: Michael Dykman <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:14:15 -0400

I have quite a bit of experience in this type of implementation.
Being thread safe does not mean you have to create threads to use it,
you just have to make sure that you can deal with the points where
threads will cross each other.  If this is a plain. vanilla servlet,
you can store your Templates object in the application-level space
(javax.servlet.Servletcontext get/setAttribute).  If not found,
compile once, store it in the application space and reuse for the rest
of the server's lifetime.

I am doing a similar thing in my last couple of projects (using the
Spring bean factory) and it results in a very fast transformation
service.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman