Re: [xsl] Open Meta Tag problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Open Meta Tag problem
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:25:04 -0400

Karl,

At 04:09 PM 5/20/2010, you wrote:
Got it, thanks Wendell.  My output method is "xml", my doctype is:

Net result, valid xhtml content and no auto-generated bad meta
content-type tag.

Nice.

Note, as Liam did in response to this thread, that XSLT 2.0 processors respect an honest "xhtml" serialization method.

To be safe, should I add:

To my <head> tag?

Hm, that's an interesting question.

If so, is there such thing as an "xhtml" content type?

I'm afraid you'll need more of an expert to comment on the vagaries of content="application/xhtml+xml", etc. etc. (back to Liam). It's one of those things where there appears to be a "correct" way, and a way that works, or doesn't, and these are not, or are only sometimes, the same.

Cheers,
Wendell