[xsl] What is the equivalent for-each of

Subject: [xsl] What is the equivalent for-each of <xsl:copy-of select="$elements"/>
From: Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 14:49:39 +0000

 Hi,

Given a function that returns html elements stored within the
tableAsXML variable

    <xsl:variable name="tableAsXML" as="element()*">
        <xsl:copy-of select="d:htmlparse($arg)"/>
      </xsl:variable>

I can output the elements within an html document like so correctly

        <xsl:copy-of select="$tableAsXML"/>

However I want to copy all the elements and apply a template to the text().

The output I get for the following for-each loop is only the text and
no html elements and I'm struggling to figure out why.

     <xsl:for-each select="$tableAsXML//*">
          <xsl:copy>
            <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
            <xsl:call-template name="normalizeEntityForHTML">
              <xsl:with-param name="arg" select="text()[1]"/>
            </xsl:call-template>
          </xsl:copy>
      </xsl:for-each>

What do I need to do differently to copy the elements within
$tableAsXML and apply a template to each element text node?

Thanks

--
Alex

An informal recording with one mic under a tree leads to some pretty
sweet acoustic sounds.
https://sites.google.com/site/greigconteh/albums/diabarte-and-sons