RE: [xsl] First public working draft of XSLT 2.1

Subject: RE: [xsl] First public working draft of XSLT 2.1
From: "Vladimir Nesterovsky" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:07:17 -0700

> I think, that the new xsl:evaluate instruction is the most harmful
addition
..
> the worst effect will be from developers who
> will widely practice the "easiest" way to achieve desired
> effect with dynamic xpath.

>> Of course there is a risk that some users will misuse the feature,
>> but I don't think that's a very good argument for not making it
available.

Contrary, I think that a high risk of misuse is an important argument
weighing the value of a feature.

This way, for example, the last generation of programmig languages do
not include pointers or restricts them (even C++x will ban some use of
pointers) preventing their invalid, unsafe, unsecure use.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/