RE: [xsl] xslt 2.1 saxon:discard-document() equivalent

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt 2.1 saxon:discard-document() equivalent
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:45:47 +0100

> Did an equivalent to saxon:discard-document make it into 2.1
> (or 1.1 f&o)  ?

Not in this draft. There's stuff lying around on the to-do list that could
lead in this direction. Now we've got the FPWD out, we're going to take
another look at the unfinished work list and prioritize it.

I've played with various ideas for giving more control over how input
documents are processed, e.g. to control validation, expected type,
stability/retention, error handling, which tend to suggest doing it using an
instruction rather than a function call, or perhaps a top-level declaration
that defines a profile that a second argument to doc() can refer to.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay