[xsl] For this input element, fire all matching template rules. Any way to fire multiple template rules for an input element?

Subject: [xsl] For this input element, fire all matching template rules. Any way to fire multiple template rules for an input element?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:12:29 -0400

Hi Folks,

I have an XSLT program that analyzes XML Schema documents.

My XSLT creates a report if an element that uses the maxLength facet. It
creates a (separate) report if the element uses the minLength facet. In fact,
it creates a separate report for each facet used.

Consider this element declaration:

    <element name="Author">
        <simpleType>
            <restriction base="string">
                <minLength value="1" />
                <maxLength value="256" />
            </restriction>
        </simpleType>
    </element>

What I really want is to create a template rule for each report:

    <xsl:template
match="xs:element[xs:simpleType/xs:restriction/xs:minLength]">
        <!-- report on the use of the minLength facet -->
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template
match="xs:element[xs:simpleType/xs:restriction/xs:maxLength]">
        <!-- report on the use of the maxLength facet -->
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template
match="xs:element[xs:simpleType/xs:restriction/xs:enumeration]">
        <!-- report on the use of the enumeration facet -->
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template
match="xs:element[xs:simpleType/xs:restriction/xs:pattern]">
        <!-- report on the use of the pattern facet -->
    </xsl:template>

    Etc.

And have all applicable rules fire. For the above example, the first two rules
should fire.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. I get an error saying the XSLT program is
ambiguous because multiple rules are applicable.

Is there any way to create an XSLT program and specify, "For this input
element, fire all matching template rules."

/Roger