[xsl] FO checkbox from 2 inline ZapfDingbat characters

Subject: [xsl] FO checkbox from 2 inline ZapfDingbat characters
From: Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:18:02 -0700

I have two fo inlines sitting side by side.  I'd like to mash these
two characters up, or super-impose them.  I would like to create a
checked checkbox from the two ZapfDingbats characters, &#x274f; (the
box) and &#x2713 (the check).  This is flowing text in a paragraph,
and I need to [ ] X move the X over the [ ].

Is this possible?  I can achieve the desired result with absolutely
positioned block-containers, but this is not an option, since the text
is flowing and the checked box has to part of the flowing text.

Thanks,
Karl..