Re: [xsl] initial template parameters

Subject: Re: [xsl] initial template parameters
From: Max Toro <maxtoroq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:39:59 -0400

> more portable you can have a simple stylesheet with just a named template
> that initialises its parameters from global parameters and then xsl:imports
> the original stylesheet. this means you need a wrapper stylesheet for any
> top level named template that you want to use, but most stylesheets don't
> have _so_ many choices for initial named template.

Yes, I though of this solution too, but seems like too much trouble.

About stylesheets not having many entry point choices, I think this
limitation helps to enforce that stylesheets have a single purpose,
while they could have many purposes based on related functionality.
Like object-oriented languages, you can call a class constructor
passing parameters (global parameters in XSLT) and then call a method
passing other parameters (initial template parameters).
--
Max