Re: [xsl] Client-side cross-platform API

Subject: Re: [xsl] Client-side cross-platform API
From: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:09:05 -0700

Thanks, David.  I've been testing all day, and have upgraded from Opera
9.64 to 10.10, which works with all sorts of XSLT code I couldn't make
work in 9.64.  Curiously, there is nothing at all in the documentation
or changelogs about XSLT, aside from adding document() in 9.5:

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/

Rule of Thumb:  Don't expect XSLT to work like you'd expect it to work,
if at all, in Opera < 10.  Which is fine by me, I've never worried
about being backwards-compatible with older versions of Opera.  They've
fixed the latest versions' XSLT considerably, it would appear.

It would still be nice to have a cross-browser way to get my demo
working when called via Javascript.  This method would be required in
many cases, for back-compat with Opera < 10 (for those who do care).  I
used the Sarissa library for my demo, which claims support for WebKit,
but I'm not sure it does.

-Eric