RE: [xsl] Ignore closing tag

Subject: RE: [xsl] Ignore closing tag
From: "Selvaganesh" <selvaganesh_t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:51:50 +0530

Thank you Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:00 PM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I have developing the XSL Transformation for XML to SGML
> file, if have any possible convert without closing tag in
> SGML file, the SGML file not required for some closing tags
> that why needed for the above option.

The XSLT specification defines serialization for XML, HTML, or text output,
it does not define an option for SGML output. There might be implementations
that provide such an option, but I haven't come across one. In Saxon you can
in theory write your own serializer, or customize the XML serializer by
various user hooks. But a better option might be to output XML and then
convert.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

Confidentiality Notice:  This transmittal is a confidential communication.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all of its attachments, if any.