Re: [xsl] using xsl:output-character to render characters in 2 ways

Subject: Re: [xsl] using xsl:output-character to render characters in 2 ways
From: Tom T <tomw289@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:49:35 +0000

Its not just single quotes, it is a few other things as well including
double quotes, left double quotes, right double quotes and ampersands.
In my example, yes, it was to delimit attribute values.

Is it wrong to escape characters such as this in when its not an
attribute value? It will involve more work to cancel out the escaping.

If my way is as good as any, the only way I can get this to work is by
declaring the single-quote entity in a Doctype declaration for every
stylesheet its used in:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
	<!ENTITY  single-quote "&#xE503;">
]>