[xsl] IE does not comprehend default namespace in XML

Subject: [xsl] IE does not comprehend default namespace in XML
From: denit thomas <denit_thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:02:47 +0530 (IST)

Hi All,
I am using an XSLT to parse an XML to produce a text file. The issue
is tha=
t if I use the Internet Explorer to open this xml, it does not render
anyth=
ing except the hardcoded text that I have in the XSLT, when I have the
xmln=
s=3D"www.ncr.com/ocz" attribute in the root node of the xml. As soon as
I r=
emove this attibute, it works fine and the xslt gets applied. I need to
kee=
p this attribute in the xml as I have an XSD for this xml and thus need
thi=
s default namespace in xml.

So for developing/writing the xml, I need to
keep the xmlns attribute in th=
e xml, while trying to render it using an xslt
(defined in xml as <?xml-sty=
lesheet type=3D"text/xsl"
href=3D"PIDRepresentation.xslt"?>), I have to rem=
ove it from the xml.

Can
anyone suggest what I am missing here and how to make IE render the xml=
even
with the presence of xmlns=0A attribute?

Here is the piece from the XML.
<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type=3D"text/xsl"
href=3D"PIDRepresentation.xslt"?>
<model xmlns=3D"www.ncr.com/ocz"
=A0=A0=A0
xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
=A0=A0=A0
xsi:schemaLocation=3D"www.ncr.com/ocz PIDSchema.xsd"=20
=A0=A0=A0
name=3D"SAHI-EasyPoint 3XXX Series (5020 UEPP Upgrade)"
=A0=A0=A0
createMode=3D"both" notes=3D"">

///// all other child tags

</model>

I am
using IE 6.0

Thanks & Regards,
Denit

      See the Web&#39;s breaking
stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/