RE: [xsl] how to xpath the *value* of an attribute based on value of other attribute in same element

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to xpath the *value* of an attribute based on value of other attribute in same element
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:20:13 +0100

> Turns out you are right - I had been using oxygen's xpath
> evaluator and it kept returning the whole node rather than
> the attribute value I wanted, and I perhaps foolishly trusted
> to that.

In fact your expressions do return the attribute node, not the contents of
the node. But if you use an expression whose value is a node in a context
where a value is expected, then the "value of the node" is extracted
automatically. XPath 2.0 calls this process "atomization".

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay