Re: [xsl] Searching visual tool =?ISO-8859-1?Q?f=FCr_creating_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?XSLT_transformation_from_one_XSD_to_another_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?XSD?=

Subject: Re: [xsl] Searching visual tool für creating XSLT transformation from one XSD to another XSD
From: Christoph Naber <dio2000@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:16:08 +0200

Hello Ben,

afaik there is only MapForce and the stylesheets that it produces are not good XSLT. The problem here is that if only your nodes would have other names, it would be an easy task to accomplish. But it may be that you have structural transformations too, so what you would like to have is a graphical editor that covers everything that can be done with XSLT. I don't think such tool exists.

I tried to use MapForce to provide endusers a simple way to define transformations from one schema to another. But it showed that MapForce just isn't capable to do more complex transformations via the graphical editor. You can do the simple tasks, but you have to manually code the more complex ones (even if the are possible in MapForce, you'd be faster if you do it on your own). I mailed with some guy from Altova, he suggested the same.

Christoph

Ben Stover schrieb:
Assume I have a big XSD schema AAA with some imported sub schemas and a target XSD schema BBB.

Whenever I get an XML doc of type AAA the content should be transformed/copied into fields of a target docuement of type BBB.

Because the transformation is not 1:1 but depends on certain rules (which source field
maps to which target field) a simple copy is not enough.

I could write the XSLT transformations manually. But this is rather unconvenient.
So I am searching a tools which helps me to create such a XSLT script visually.

Altova MapForce can do this afaik but is rather expensive. Is there another
tools which covers this task as well?

Ben