RE: [xsl] Error when params are in Xpath expression

Subject: RE: [xsl] Error when params are in Xpath expression
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:13:12 +0100

Variable references such as $toLang can be used in place of literal values.
They can't be used in place of arbitrary fragments of XPath expression text
(they aren't macros). If $toLang is an element name, then you can find
elements of that name using *[name()=$toLang].

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay