Re: [xsl] [xslt performance for big xml files]

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xslt performance for big xml files]
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:16:04 -0400

On Apr 25, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Florent Georges wrote:

Robert Koberg wrote:

Hi,

I assume you mean, 'use an XQuery implementation that
runs against a proprietary XML database', rather than
the broadly defined and mostly non-interoperable
implementations of the standard XQuery language, right?

I am a bit intrigued. In which regards are implementations of XQuery non-interoperable? (as long as we consider standard XQuery)

I think only considering standard XQuery only is disingenuous, especially the way it is being presented by the vendors and people who write about it.

Of all the real world applications deployed that use XQuery (I suppose I could be more specific and say as recommended by Liam, but maybe probably not necessary), how many do you think would work on more than one XQuery processor? I don't know, but from what I have seen posted on pertinent mailing lists and that XQuery as used/promoted by the XML DBs tend to favor their own extensions in documentation and lists (though there seems to be more caveats on the lists lately, though).

Say the path/to/col contains the documents 1.xml, 2.xml and 3.xml

cross XQuery processor, what does a collection('path/to/col')/* provide?

-Rob

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/