Re: [xsl] Restrictions on pattern for the match attribute of the xsl:template element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Restrictions on pattern for the match attribute of the xsl:template element
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:43:57 +0000 (GMT)

Bruder, Christian (Pfaeffikon) wrote:

> match="Object[PropertyList/Property[Name='Property1][Value='abc']]"
> match="Object[PropertyList/Property[Name='Property1
> and Value='abc']]"

> Which one is preferred and why?

  There are the same.  Sometimes I use the former, when I see both filters as
"independent" (the second one further filters the sequence), and sometimes the
latter, when I see both comparisons as the same single logical condition.
Even if often, when a single logical condition is more complex than a single
comparison, I create a predicate function.

  But all that is subjective...

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/

Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme !
Ricupirez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail !
http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html