Re: [xsl] accessing multiple xml documents from within one template

Subject: Re: [xsl] accessing multiple xml documents from within one template
From: Stefan Hunziker <stefan.stanjasele@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:01:19 +0100

I have a solution now for accessing both trees, I have to step through
the reportDef using xsl:for-each. But now I have the next problem:

In $fieldname there is the desired tag, eg "title". Can I get the
title element of my current book node without looping through the
whole node and comparing with name(.)=$fieldname? The given sample is
a simplification, the real book node in my application has maybe 100
elements and with maybe 1000 books this would be a little bit too time
consuming.

any ideas?